Paul Frake - MD
Practicing Since: 2013
Accepting New Patients: Yes
Make an Appointment
To make an appointment for Otolaryngology - ENT, surgery, call:
- Otolaryngology - ENT, surgery
- St Louis Park
- Methodist Hospital
- Maple Grove Park Nicollet Specialty Center
My Areas of Interest
I am honored to be able to care for my patients and provide them with comprehensive care for conditions of the ears, nose, throat, head, and neck. I enjoy treating patients with ailments in all of the areas within ENT, but I am particularly interested in sinus disease, voice disturbances, ear disorders, pediatrics, and tumors of the thyroid and parathyroid glands. Additionally, during my time in Washington, D.C., I helped to advocate for the interests of patients and physicians to our lawmakers in Congress.
Residency in Otolaryngology Head & Neck Surgery: The George Washington University
Medical Doctorate (M.D.): The George Washington University
Bachelor of Science (B.S.): Brown University
Research & Publications
- Author of United States Patent #8,357,162 B2: "Intramedullary Mandibular Condyle Implants and Method for Application of the Same."
- Frake PC, Howell RJ, Joshi AS. Strength of Titanium Intramedullary Impant versus Miniplate Fixation of Mandibular Condyle Fractures. Otolaryngology - Head & Neck Surgery, 2012; 147: 33-39.
- Frake PC, Cheng AY, Howell RJ, Patel NJ. Resident Physicians' Perspectives on Health Care Reform. Otolaryngology - Head & Neck Surgery, 2011; 145: 30-34.
- Frake PC, Domanski M, Howell RJ, Troost T. The Value of Otolaryngologists' Services in America: a National Survey. Otolaryngology - Head & Neck Surgery, 2011; 144: 533-536.
- Howell RJ, Davulos A, Clary M, Frake PC, Joshi AS, Chaboki H. Miller Fisher Syndrome Presents as an Acute Voice Change to Hypernasal Speech. Laryngoscope, 2010; 120: 978-980.
- Frake PC, Smith HE, Chen LS, Biffl WL. Prestorage Leukoreduction Prevents Accumulation of Matrix Metalloproteinase-9 in Stored Blood. Archives of Surgery, 2006; 141: 396-400.
Professional Associations & Awards
Member of the American Academy of Otolaryngology - Head & Neck Surgery
I grew up on Long Island in New York and have spent much of my life on the east coast. Even though I have never lived here before, growing up people always asked me if I have a slight Minnesota accent! I met my wife (who is from the Twin Cities) while we were both in school in Washington, D.C., and we are happy to call Plymouth our new home. We enjoy spending time with our dog, Milo, who volunteers at the library helping children learn to read. Outside of work I enjoy playing ice hockey, water sports, SCUBA diving, and cooking.